Born in 1939, Ayi Kwei Armah is a Ghanaian novelist, poet, and essayist. He also published short stories and children’s books.
- The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born, London: Heinemann Educational Books, 1968,
- Fragments, 1970; Heinemann African Writers Series, 1975.
- Why Are We So Blest?, New York: Doubleday, 1972; Heinemann African Writers Series, 1975.
- Two Thousand Seasons, London: Heinemann, 1973
- Osiris Rising, Popenguine, West Africa: Per Ankh Books, 1995
- The Healers, Heinemann, 1979.
- KMT: The House of Life, 2002
- The Resolutionaries, Per Ankh, 2013.