Originally from Nigeria (My 12, 1934- June 29, 2016) is famous for his novels and plays about life and culture of rural Nigeria. He also served in the Nigerian Armed forces. He served as an officer in the Nigerian army during the Nigerian Civil War and later held various civilian appointments.
- The Concubine (novel), London: Heinemann African Writers Series, 1969; Ibadan: Heinemann Books, 1993.
- The Great Ponds (novel), Heinemann, 1969; Macmillan Education, 1976.
- Sunset in Biafra (war diary), Heinemann African Writers Series, 1969.
- The Slave (novel), Heinemann African Writers Series, 1978.
- Estrangement (novel), Heinemann African Writers Series, 1986.
- The Woman of Calabar (play), Port Harcourt: Gitelle Press, 2002.
- Speaking and Singing (essays and poems), University of Port Harcourt Press, 2003.