Postcolonial Studies Resources
The International Journal of African Studies is designed to interrogate and analyze the lived experiences of Africana people. The Journal focuses on the interrogation of African people and societies from the perspective of African humanity. It is primarily concerned with examining the historical realities, organizational and political behavior, socio-economic dynamics and cultural practices of African people. The Journal promotes scholarly debate and research on issues relating to the African global experience. It will only publish original scholarly papers and creative works that focus on critical issues confronting Africana development and humanity. Articles must demonstrate rigorous and thorough research that is relevant to the local, national and global African experience.
The International Journal of Critical Pedagogy is committed to publishing original articles that propose innovative understandings and applications of critical pedagogy. The journal covers a wide range of perspectives in areas such as:
- Popular culture
- Media literacy
- Critical praxis
- Experimental methodologies
Published in Canada with an international scope, the International Journal of Critical Pedagogy publishes articles in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Brazilian Portuguese.
The International Journal of Francophone Studies offers a critical preview for a new development in the understanding of ‘France outside France’, with a thorough insight into the network of disciplinary issues affiliated with this study. The journal complements the thriving area of scholarly interest in the French-speaking regions of the world, bringing a location of linguistic, cultural, historical and social dynamics within a single academic arena.
The International Journal of Pakistan Studies publishes articles that advance the theory and practice of management.
- The histories of imperialism and colonialism
- The role of culture (academic, literary and popular) in the operation of imperialism and in the formations of national resistance
- Liberation struggles, past and ongoing
- The role of religion and culture in new nationalisms
- The contemporary politics of identity; race and ethnicity; gender and sexuality
- The economics of neo-colonialism
- Diaspora and migrancy
- Indigenous fourth-world cultures
- The connections between colonialism and modernity, postcolonialism and postmodernism
- Questions of postcolonial literatures
- Languages and translation