For more information, please visit: http://www.landesa.org/applications/vp-application
The Women’s Land Rights Visiting Professionals Program is a competitive year-long program for experienced and strongly motivated professionals who want to enhance their ability to improve women’s land rights in their countries or communities. Visiting Professionals will work closely together and with Landesa staff to enhance their skills, expertise, and commitment to support each other by:
- Participating in and contributing to substantive discussions;
- Sharing their knowledge and expertise through presentations and informal conversations;
- Working on their leadership, managerial, and communication skills;
- Providing and receiving constructive feedback;
- Benefiting from one year of dedicated mentoring;
- Fostering the trust and ties that will lay the foundation for a sustainable women’s land rights network that can be a resource for those working in this field.
For the first six weeks, Visiting Professionals will be based at our headquarters in Seattle, USA. Upon their return to their countries, we will continue to mentor them for a year as they implement a mutually agreed project. We cover travel expenses, provide housing and a small stipend for the six weeks in Seattle. Who should apply?
- Practitioners, policy advocates, community organizers, educators, and other professionals who are strongly committed to strengthening women’s land rights;
- Professionals with at least five years of development experience, two of which are either on land tenure or on women’s rights;
- Professionals who are currently working in-country for an organization (NGO, Education Institution, Government Agency, etc.) located in India, China or East Africa (Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya);
- Professionals with advanced English proficiency skills (speaking, reading, and writing).
How Should You Apply? Please make sure we receive the following documents by Wednesday February 29th, 2012.
- Cover Letter explaining your interest in the Visiting Professionals program
- Application Form
- Two writing samples that demonstrate your understanding and involvement in development work and/or women’s land rights
- Two references (please include name and contact information)
To apply, please visit: Apply Now